Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Shiny and New

For a while now i've been working on a new illustration and threatening to get it out into the public domain. Its another self-initiated one which is intended for sale as an art print. I will be adding it to my Folksy and Etsy shops soon.
I had this idea in mind for a while (as i quite often do) which revolved around having an image with a mountain range in. That and a desire to have a wolf somewhere in the scene. I'm not really sure why, but I just had an overwhelming urge to do so. With these two factors being the basis for the image, I decided to create a narrative based scene where the viewer can mentally conjure up a story behind the illustration.
Anyway after many hours of ridiculous, perfectionist obsessing, my newest creation 'The Journey' is complete and here it is. I hope you enjoy it:















Strangely I feel quite empty now its done, so i'll have to get onto another project pretty quick. Actually I will be doing some work for Novel Magazine which is exciting, so i'll let you know about that soon.

Another brand spanking new thing you may have already noticed is that the illustration page on my website has been given an overhaul. It now looks super swish which is thanks to the help of two friends. The talented Paper Jam Comics Collective artists Paul and Britt, who i know from Made In Newcastle. I'm currently working with them to make some other bits of my site look and work better too, so you should see some other changes in the next few weeks or so.

I would love to hear what you think about my new illustration page and if you have any suggestions as to how I can improve my site.

2 comments:

  1. love it lucy...the image of the 'wolf' reminds me of my old dog Bracken.....loving it! Well done you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leeanne. I'm really pleased with it, worth the obsessing in the end.

    ReplyDelete